Sunday, June 4, 2017

Honeymoon Cruise, Part 1: Title Page & Table of Contents

Y'all, I DID IT.  I finished my honeymoon album!  Okay, so I finished all the pages for it but I haven't put them in the actual album yet.  Close enough.


Only 12 years overdue!  So for the entire album, I used a very limited set of supplies and I divided the pictures into five categories, each with its own color:


Pacific Point and Tempting Turquoise are on all the layouts, and then the other colors are only for that specific category.  Limiting the supplies like that made it faster to put the pages together (once I forced myself to sit down and just finish the dang thing) and now it's obvious that they all go together. 


The album colors:  Whisper White, Pacific Point, Tempting Turquoise, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Melon Mambo, Wild Wasabi, and Orchid Opulence.  I bought cardstock to do this album waaaaayyyy back before the first big color refresh when the 12x12 cardstock was really more like 11 3/4" cardstock, and then I changed all the colors to the newer versions after the color refresh (older ones were Brilliant Blue, Yoyo Yellow, Only Orange, Pink Passion...I think I changed out the still-current Old Olive for Wild Wasabi).  I kept Orchid Opulence, because there just wasn't a good replacement for that.  Stampin' Up!, we need more purples :D

Sooo I'll be sharing pages from this album on Sundays for a while.  But for today I'm gonna go see WONDER WOMAN!!!!  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies for the whole album:
Stamps:  Tall Tales Alphabet, Island Blossoms
Ink:  Pacific Point, Tempting Turquoise, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Melon Mambo, Wild Wasabi, Orchid Opulence, Basic Gray marker
Paper:  Whisper White, Pacific Point, Tempting Turquoise, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Melon Mambo, Wild Wasabi, Orchid Opulence
Accessories:  Scallop border punch, Mickey Mouse punches

1 comment:

CCsMom said...

What a clever idea! Very nice! Glad you finished that book. So neat!