Monday, June 26, 2017

Bruges

Y'all, I'm very proud of myself this morning.  I used ALL CURRENT STUFF on my layout for today!!


And and AND I finally used the swan from Swan Lake!!!  These pics are from our trip to Belgium in 2011; see them here.  I printed out twice this many pictures, but in the end I decided these were the only ones I needed to tell my scrappy story.


It's hard to tell in this picture but the swan is stamped in Night of Navy ink and the letters are in Tranquil Tide.  And have I talked about how much I love that patterned paper?  LOVE. IT.  I did Daffodil Delight mats on the title block, journaling block, and the one photo of myself with actual daffodils to form a visual triangle and help move the eye through the layout.


Today's color palette:  Tranquil Tide, which continues to be my favorite new In Color; Blushing Bride, which isn't in the Delightful Daisy DSP but plays nicely with the other colors; Daffodil Delight, which really is the color of daffodils; Night of Navy, which is my favorite non-brown or black "neutral"; Old Olive, which is only in the patterned paper; and Whisper White, because isn't that on like 75% of my scrapbook layouts?  Sometimes Very Vanilla works better, but Whisper White is definitely my not-color of choice most of the time.

I just took a minute to sing a song to Ryan, and based on his big ol' grin I think he wants to live in a yellow submarine when he grows up.  Beatles fan already! :)  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Swan Lake, Brushwork Alphabet
Ink:  Tranquil Tide, Night of Navy, Soft Sky, Calypso Coral
Paper:  Tranquil Tide, Blushing Bride, Daffodil Delight, Thick Whisper White, Delightful Daisy DSP
Accessories:  None

No comments: